Below are photos from the 1st and 2nd day of the Driving Draft Horse Teams 2 day workshop, 8/6 & 8/7/2011. If you are interested intaking this workshop, there are a few opening available for the 8/27 & 8/28/2011 workshop. Click Here for more information
After you look at the photos, if you want to make a comment, there's a comment forum on the buttom of this page.
Here's what one student has said about our 8/6 & 8/7/2011 workshop:
Now that I have had time to think about the Draft Driving Workshop on August 6 & 7 that I attended, here is my assessment:
- The class met all of my expectations based on the class description. It was everything I expected.
- The written materials were relevant. The diagrams were helpful and helped clear up some questions I had before the class even started.
- The instructors were more than happy to answer our questions and made sure we understood before moving on to the next topic.
- The horses, although very tall, were excellent to work with. They were very hot as were we but they never gave us a hard time.
- The wagons were great but some had a problem with heights and the hitch wagon. My feet did not touch the floor on the hitch wagon so I had to scoot up to the edge of the seat to feel secure in it.
- The training grounds were adequate but I tired of the same scenery. Maybe it was the sun and the heat. I was looking for some shade.
- The lunch and the manner it was handled was great. Nice to sit and talk with each other. Especially the second day under the shade tree.
- I felt safe for the most part, just the height of the hitch wagon really kept me awake and paying attention. I never felt in danger around the horses at all.
- I am recommending this class and Bluestar Equiculture to all my friends interested in driving a practical team as opposed to showing and flashy.
- You may use my photo and any of my comments as you wish.